Police Search for Hit-and Run Driver

  • Aug 03 2015
  • Gilleon Law Firm, APC

police search for hit and run driverPolice have reported that they are currently trying to find a man who fled the scene of a crash which sent a woman to the hospital. The crash occurred around 3:00 a.m. at the intersection of Garnet Avenue and Soledad Mountain Road. Two pickup trucks collided as one attempted to turn onto Soledad Mountain Road while the other was traveling west. The hit-and-run driver was driving a Toyota which broadsided the pickup driven by the victim. The male hit-and-run driver fled the scene instead of rendering aid to the injured victim. The injured woman was taken to the hospital. Police continue to look for the hit-and-run driver.

How to File a Personal Injury Suit Against a Hit-and-Run Driver

When the negligent and at-fault driver who causes an accident flees the scene, the victims are left wondering how they will pay for their losses, including medical bills, pain and suffering and lost income. When a negligent driver’s identity is known, the victim can file a personal injury suit against that person for compensation, but what if the victim does not know who the negligent driver is? In cases like this, the victim will likely have to seek compensation from his or her own insurance company. If you have sought compensation from your insurance company and have been denied or offered a low settlement, a personal injury attorney should be contacted for help.

A personal injury attorney, like those at the Gilleon Law Firm, APC in San Diego, will help you determine a fair settlement amount to ensure all damages are covered. Your attorney will also help you negotiate and even represent you if your case goes to court.

If the hit-and-run driver is later found and identified, you may be able to file a personal injury suit against that person. In cases involving hit-and-run drivers, you may also have the option of seeking punitive damages. Punitive damages are extra compensation paid to the victim. This type of payment is designed to punish the negligent driver and prevent bad conduct by serving as an example and warning to others.

The Gilleon Law Firm, APC can help you calculate a fair amount to pay for your damages and can aggressively represent you in court. Contact us today to learn more about your rights and how you may be able to recover damages for your injuries through a personal injury lawsuit.

Free Initial Consultation