For decades, Dan Gilleon has been fighting for his clients with exceptional intensity and passion. His first job was at a law firm that defended insurance companies, where he quickly revealed the “fire in his belly” that has led to many awards and peer recognitions, such as Consumer Attorneys of San Diego’s “Outstanding Trial Lawyer,” many years of “Superlawyer” recognitions, San Diego Magazine’s “Top Lawyer,” Martindale Hubbell’s “AV Preeminent” rating, and many others recognitions listed elsewhere on this website.
What drives Mr. Gilleon is fighting with vigor for his clients, often for the “little guy” being taken advantage of, bullied or not taken seriously. As a result, the Internet and news websites are filled with countless high profile stories of the cases he’s fought and won, often against powerful companies or even dangerous thugs and criminals.
Dan Gilleon was born in Florida but came to California when his father, a Disney “Imagineer,” was promoted to Disney’s mothership. Dan Gilleon graduated from high school in Los Angeles and then joined the US Navy at 17 years old. After his four year enlistment, Mr. Gilleon attended college at UCSD, and then California Western School of Law on an academic scholarship. He graduated from law school with Law Review and cum laude honors.
My Practice Areas of Expertise
- Personal Injury
- Employment Law
- Civil Rights
Phone #: 619-702-8623
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
- Super Lawyers 2017
- Super Lawyers Rising Star 2015 – which recognizes no more than the top 2.5% attorneys under 40 in the state of California
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 Under 40
- Avvo.com Client’s Choice Award in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017
- Avvo.com rating of 10.0 out of 10.0 as a Top Attorney practicing Criminal Defense based upon client reviews and peer endorsements
- American Society of Legal Advocates 2015 Top 40 Criminal Defense Lawyers Under 40 in the State of California
- 2011 San Diego Metro Magazine Top DUI Attorneys in San Diego
- Finalist for 2011 San Diego Daily Transcript Top Young Attorneys